Saturday, September 30, 2006

Valerios Bakery - San Jose - 3 stars

Visited on: September 19, 2006

Comments: Above average / recommended

Ordered items:
Chicken pie
Spanish bread
Pan de Salbo (?)
Steamed pork bun: $1
Total: $2.60

General description:
This place was discovered by pure accident. I was attracted by its aroma and interesting array of breads arranged in the window. Never one to miss an ethnic bakery, I ventured inside, only to discover a whole counter full of never seen before breads, pastries, and some delicious smelling but mysterious cooked dishes. The people were speaking in an Asian dialet, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Anyway, I picked up the four items, and it was cheap, and a lot more delicious than I expected! The Spanish bread looked like a croissant shape butter roll, but in fact is sprinkled with something that is lightly salted, and filled with a kind of light custard. It is really interesting, and quite good. I like the Pan de Salbo (I think that's what it's called...) too, lots of butter, lots of sugar, lots of custard, and smells great. When I got them, they were still slightly warm, and more goodies were being taken out of the oven in the back of the bakery. Only after visiting its website did I realize that it is a Filipino bakery, one type of food I've never tried before, and established since 1979! Now, the bread is not so good that you are missing a pastry feast of your life if you never had it, but for novelty's sake, it IS quite different, and there are some special items that I have to go back and try, like that Kalamay, sticky rice with dark coconut glaze...


Basic info:
2518 Berryessa Rd.San Jose, CA 95132(408) 254-9490Call for operation hourshttp://www.valeriosbakery.com/Visit website for item details

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your bayfood.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com